Career Wardrobe wants your company or organization to come volunteer at The Wardrobe Resale!
Career Wardrobe is a social enterprise that uses clothing to empower individuals to work. Every year, companies, organizations, school groups, & individuals clean out their closets and donate nearly $1,000,000 worth of clothing to us! All that clothing doesn’t sort itself!
As a Career Wardrobe volunteer, you will:
- Sort clothing donations using Career Wardrobe’s standard sorting methods, to ensure that every piece of clothing that goes out on the floor is fashionable, appropriate, and in great condition
- Steam, hang, tag, and put out inventory for our professional work attire dressing program and the sales floor of The Wardrobe Resale store
- Merchandise the sales floor by dressing mannequins, putting together outfits for Instagram, and updating accessory displays
- Help The Wardrobe Resale customers shop for the perfect items, whether they are looking for a suit for an upcoming interview, or a gorgeous dress for a holiday party
Volunteer shifts are available Monday – Friday, from 12 noon – 6 PM, and Saturdays from 12 noon – 5 PM. Generally, we can accommodate volunteer groups of 5-10 people, depending on our schedule. Please have an idea of the time frame when you’d like to volunteer, to ensure a speedy scheduling process.
All volunteering activities take place at The Wardrobe Resale, 1822 Spring Garden Street (corner of 19th and Spring Garden), in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia. On-street and pay lot parking is available nearby, and we are accessible by the Broad Street Line and SEPTA bus routes 32, 33, 43, and 48.
For more information, contact our development team at
(215) 568-6693 or email@example.com.
Corporate Clothing Drives
Interested in organizing a drive on behalf of your
school, group, club, or company?
Email our development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.