Please review our new guidelines prior to bringing your donations to us. So much has changed in a few short weeks, and we have adjusted clothing donation guidelines and procedures to respond to the minimal threat posed by COVID19 transmission on boxes, bags, and clothing. But for the safety of our staff and guests, we insist that you only drop donations in the specified places at the allotted times. Follow us on social media and check our website for any changes to these guidelines.
What are you accepting?
The Wardrobe needs more than professional clothing! We outfit people for work and everyday life. We accept donations of clothing and accessories for all genders to make them look and feel great. Because we are also a resale store, we can accept anything you have to donate… casual, professional, & dressy attire.
We ask that items be new or gently used and still in fashion (even that old prom dress!). Makeup or other personal care items (skincare, toiletries, undergarments) are accepted, but must be new and unused.
Are you a retailer with overstock or end of season items? We’d love to take clothing, accessories, or personal care items off your hands, too. Just email us to talk about your donation!
Can I get a tax receipt?
Sure! The Wardrobe is a 501c3 nonprofit charity and your donations of time, money, and goods are all tax-deductible. Simply fill out our Online Donation Form to submit details of your donation to us, and we will send you an email receipt.
How Can I Donate?
- The Wardrobe provides “no contact” donation drop off which means we cannot assist donors unloading their cars or transporting items.
- Although items can be gently used, we can only accept clothing that has been FRESHLY cleaned and packaged in some way (i.e. bags, boxes). Bags/boxes cannot be returned. Please do not donate items loose (i.e. clothing just on hangers).
- For accessories, please clean them prior to donating by wiping with cleaning wipes or diluted rubbing alcohol and placing them in bags or boxes for transport.
- If you or someone in your household has been sick or diagnosed with COVID19, we ask that you refrain from donating your items at this time.
How Much & Where Can I Donate?
We need your best items to make our clients look and feel great. And we also have limited capacity for accepting donations while being mindful of public health concerns. Please adhere to our quantity limits so that we can provide the best donation experience for you.
- Donations of 5 Bags or Less: Drop off at The Wardrobe on Tuesdays and Thursdays (12-6pm). No appointment needed!
The Wardrobe Delaware County: 62 W. Marshall Road, Lansdowne, PA 19050
The Wardrobe Philadelphia: 413 N. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Can’t get to us during our donation hours? Fill a box and ship your donations to The Wardrobe, 444 N. 3rd St. Suite 105, Philadelphia, PA 19123.
- Donations of up to 15 Bags: Please make an appointment for a time to drop off your donations in Philadelphia or Delaware County.
- Donations of more than 15 Bags: If you are moving or have an estate that you need to donate, The Wardrobe is likely not the best fit for your donation. Large donations that are clustered around 1-2 sizes are hard for us to use and will likely be donated to other organizations.
- Corporate Drives, Community Events or Retail Donations: Large drives or retail donations that bring in a range of sizes, styles, and clothing for all genders are perfect for filling our Wardrobe. If you want to host a large donation drive for The Wardrobe, we’d love to partner with you, but need to know a bit more about what you are planning.
Please note that The Wardrobe located in the Bucks County CareerLink and Clothing Drive at St. George’s Church in Ardmore are not accepting donations until further notice.