We are open and accepting NO-CONTACT DONATIONS!
Please review our new guidelines prior to bringing your donations to us. So much has changed in a few short weeks, and we have adjusted clothing donation guidelines and procedures to respond to the minimal threat posed by COVID19 transmission on boxes, bags, and clothing. But for the safety of our staff and guests, we insist that you only drop donations in the specifcied places at the allotted timess. Follow us on social media and check our website for any changes to these guidelines.
Donation Locations and Times
All donations must undergo a 72 hour holding period before being processed, therefore to properly manage the influx of donations, we can only accept donations during the following days and times.
Please note the last day to make donations in Philadelphia at 1822 Spring Garden St. will be Thursday August 13. The Lansdowne site can accept them until donations begin at our new location in September. Stay tuned for details!
- Lansdowne: Tuesdays 12-4pm. Donation Location: Use front door only – 62 West Marshall Road, Lansdowne, PA 19050. Place bags/boxes in bins provided.
- Philadelphia: Tuesdays & Thursdays 12-4pm. Donation Location: Use the 19th Street side door (between Christie’s Deli and Bike Shop) – 1822 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130. Place bags/boxes in bins provided.
- Bucks County: No donations will be accepted until further notice
- St. George’s Church in Ardmore, PA: The monthly clothing drive at St. George’s Church in Ardmore is cancelled until further notice
- Shipping: Donations can also be mailed to Career Wardrobe, 1822 Spring Garden Street, Side 3, Philadelphia, PA 19130.
- Career Wardrobe provides no contact donation drop off, and cannot assist donors unloading their cars or transporting items.
- Please limit your donations to no more than 5 bags or boxes per person. At this time, we have limited space, staff, and will be storing items for several days before processing.
- If you do have a large donation (more than 8 boxes), please email us for an appointment time (firstname.lastname@example.org) Large donations cannot be accepted without an appointment.
- We can only accept clothing items that have been FRESHLY cleaned and packaged in some way (i.e. bags, boxes). Bags/boxes cannot be returned. Please do not donate items loose (i.e. clothing just on hangers). For more information, please see the CDC Guidelines on clothing and laundry.
- For accessories, please clean them prior to donating by wiping with cleaning wipes or diluted rubbing alcohol, and placing them in bags or boxes for transport.
- If you or someone in your household has been sick or diagnosed with COVID19, we ask that you refrain from donating your items at this time.
Corporate & Community Clothing Drives
- Career Wardrobe is not scheduling community and corporate drives at this time.
If your company or community group collected items prior to our closure, please contact us to schedule a “no contact” drop off time.
Career Wardrobe helps our community reuse and recycle $2M worth of gently used clothing each year, and we are adding reducing excess paper usage to the ways in which we are helping the environment. Please use our new Online Donation Form to submit details of your donation to us, and we will send you an email receipt.
What to Donate
Professional clothing should be clean, contemporary, stylish, & suitable for today’s workplace
Casual/formal clothing can be donated for resale that directly benefits our program
For ease of transporting, we accept clothing neatly bundled in bags or taped boxes (no hangers, please)
Professional, Dressy, & Casual Clothing (for all identities):
- Separates – Tops, Bottoms (Pants & Skirts), & Dresses (All Sizes)
- Shoes – Gently Worn, All Sizes
- Accessories – Scarves, Jewelry, Belts, Ties, Pantyhose (All Sizes, Unused)
- Purses/Handbags, Briefcases, Wallets
- Maternity Wear – All Sizes & Styles
Uniform Items (for individuals entering service or medical fields):
- White Tops/Blouses
- Black, Navy, & Tan/Khaki Bottoms
- Polo Shirts
- Black or White Shoes, Clogs, or Sneakers
- Steel-Toed Boots
- Maternity Wear – All Sizes & Styles
- Coats & Formal Wear
- New/Unused Toiletries, Beauty Products, & Make-Up
- Gift Cards – Provide flexibility to serve individual clients needs and/or office purposes
(Amazon, Marshalls/TJMaxx, Staples, Walmart; Visa, Mastercard, etc.)