If you are spending your time at home cleaning out your closets, please keep Career Wardrobe in mind! As soon as we can open our doors, we will be here to help anyone suffering from the economic impact of this crisis with free clothing for work or every day. We will need your donations at that time.
So much has changed in a few short weeks, and we have adjusted clothing donation guidelines and procedures to respond to the minimal threat posed by COVID19 transmission on boxes, bags, and clothing.
To ensure the health and safety of everyone (our donors, employees, and customers), please review our new guidelines prior to bringing your donations to us. Follow us on social media and check our website for any changes to these guidelines.
Career Wardrobe helps our community reuse and recycle $2M worth of gently used clothing each year, and we are adding reducing excess paper usage to the ways in which we are helping the environment. Please use our new Online Donation Form to submit details of your donation to us, and we will send you an email receipt.
Donation Locations and Times
Career Wardrobe is closed to the public due to state and local order, therefore, we can only accept donations during the following days and times.
When we reopen, we will be announcing more donation times.
- Lansdowne: Tuesdays 12-4pm. Donation Location: Use front door only – 62 West Marshall Road, Lansdowne, PA 19050. Place bags/boxes in bins provided.
- Philadelphia: Tuesdays & Thursdays 12-4pm. Donation Location: Use the 19th Street side door (between Christie’s Deli and Bike Shop) – 1822 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130. Place bags/boxes in bins provided.
- Bucks County: No donations will be accepted until further notice
- St. George’s Church in Ardmore, PA: The monthly clothing drive at St. George’s Church in Ardmore is cancelled until further notice
- Shipping: Donations can also be mailed to Career Wardrobe, 1822 Spring Garden Street, Side 3, Philadelphia, PA 19130.
- Career Wardrobe provides no contact donation drop off, and cannot assist donors unloading their cars or transporting items.
- Please limit your donations to no more than 5 bags or boxes per person. At this time, we have limited space, staff, and will be storing items for several days before processing.
- If you do have a large donation (more than 8 boxes), please email us for an appointment time (email@example.com) Large donations cannot be accepted without an appointment.
- We can only accept clothing items that have been FRESHLY cleaned and packaged in some way (i.e. bags, boxes). Bags/boxes cannot be returned. Please do not donate items loose (i.e. clothing just on hangers). For more information, please see the CDC Guidelines on clothing and laundry.
- For accessories, please clean them prior to donating by wiping with cleaning wipes or diluted rubbing alcohol, and placing them in bags or boxes for transport.
- If you or someone in your household has been sick or diagnosed with COVID19, we ask that you refrain from donating your items at this time.
Corporate & Community Clothing Drives
- All community or corporate drives must be pre-scheduled with us by contacting Lesley Elam, External Relations Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If your corporation or community group collected items prior to our closure, please contact Lesley Elam to schedule a “no contact” drop off time.
Please consider donating new or gently-used items to help others in our community make a great first impression at their interviews or in life!
Professional clothing should be clean, contemporary, stylish, & suitable for today’s workplace
Casual/formal clothing can be donated for resale that directly benefits our program
For ease of transporting, we accept clothing neatly bundled in bags or taped boxes (no hangers, please)
Professional, Dressy, & Casual Clothing (for all identities):
- Separates – Tops, Bottoms (Pants & Skirts), & Dresses (All Sizes)
- Shoes – Gently Worn, All Sizes
- Accessories – Scarves, Jewelry, Belts, Ties, Pantyhose (All Sizes, Unused)
- Purses/Handbags, Briefcases, Wallets
- Maternity Wear – All Sizes & Styles
Uniform Items (for individuals entering service or medical fields):
- White Tops/Blouses
- Black, Navy, & Tan/Khaki Bottoms
- Polo Shirts
- Black or White Shoes, Clogs, or Sneakers
- Steel-Toed Boots
- Maternity Wear – All Sizes & Styles
- Coats & Formal Wear
- New/Unused Toiletries, Beauty Products, & Make-Up
- Gift Cards – Provide flexibility to serve individual clients needs and/or office purposes
(Amazon, Marshalls/TJMaxx, Staples, Walmart; Visa, Mastercard, etc.)
Considering collecting items with a group or company?
Email us to plan your company’s clothing drive & to schedule a drop off!