Looking for a fun way to give back as a group? Career Wardrobe wants your company or organization to come volunteer at The Wardrobe Boutique! Career Wardrobe is a social enterprise that uses clothing to empower women to work. Every year, companies, organizations, school groups, and individuals clean out their closets and donate nearly $1,000,000 worth of clothing to us every year! And all that clothing doesn’t sort itself! As a Career Wardrobe volunteer, you will:
- Sort clothing donations using Career Wardrobe’s standard sorting methods, to ensure that every piece of clothing that goes out on the floor is fashionable, appropriate, and in great condition.
- Steam, hang, tag, and put out inventory in Hope’s Closet, our professional work attire dressing space, and on the sales floor of the Wardrobe Boutique.
- Merchandise the sales floor by dressing mannequins, putting together outfits for Instagram, and updating accessory displays.
- Help Wardrobe Boutique customers shop for the perfect items, whether they are looking for a suit for an upcoming interview, or a gorgeous dress for a holiday party.
Volunteer shifts are available Monday through Friday, from 12 noon to 6 PM, and Saturdays from 12 noon to 5 PM. Generally, we can accommodate volunteer groups of 5-10 people, depending on our schedule. Please have an idea of the time frame when you’d like to volunteer, to ensure a speedy scheduling process.
All volunteering activities take place at The Wardrobe Boutique, 1822 Spring Garden Street (corner of 19th and Spring Garden), in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia. On-street and pay lot parking is available nearby, and we are accessible by the Broad Street Line and SEPTA bus routes 32, 33, 43, and 48.
For more information, contact Michelle Sonsino, Development Manager at
(215) 568-6693 x14 or email@example.com