A series of informative and interactive professional and personal development seminars designed to empower women to succeed!
Blitz Basics Seminars
The Blitz Basics Seminars are workshops presented by volunteers who are trained and knowledgeable in their industry. Seminars are the 2nd Wednesday of each month, free on a first come, first served basis to all clients who register, and open to both men and women.
Seminar topics may include:
- Resume Do’s and Don’ts – information about what information should be included and examine examples of “good” versus “bad” resumes.
- Cover Letters – find out what should be included (or omitted) from your cover letter.
- Interviewing Skills and Etiquette – discussion about the basic rules regarding interview protocol.
Blitz Basics complements the dressing program Career Wardrobe offers by enhancing knowledge and providing information about the workforce world our clients will be entering.
Blitz Basics Seminars are held every second Wednesday of the month from 8:30am to noon at Career Wardrobes Dressing Suite, 21 South1 2th Street, Suite 110, Philadelphia.
Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course
The Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course teaches job readiness while addressing soft skills such as:
- Time Management, Interview Skills – addresses prioritizing tasks as well as interview etiquette
- Networking and Professional Etiquette – teaches what networking is, its importance, and how to do it, also covering how to behave and present yourself in professional settings.
- Employer Expectations – covers how to research industry and organization specific expectations and how to meet them.
- Technology – includes online job search, using e-mail and flash drives, and social media.
- Public Speaking and Difficult Conversations – teaches how to speak effectively and confidently.
- Financial Literacy – covers financial responsibility issues and includes a partnership with Clarifi with a workshop in the Psychology of Spending.
Classes are held the 3rd Tuesday through Friday of each month from 9am to noon at Career Wardrobe, 21 South 12th Street, Suite 110, Philadelphia. Program participants are encouraged to commit to all 4 classes in the series, following a cohort of students through the completion of the program.
Participants may sign-up here. Career Wardrobe will follow-up with the potential attendees with details on how to join the workshop series. This session is open to both women and men.
Thank you to PECO for their support of these programs!