A series of informative and interactive professional and personal development seminars designed to empower women to succeed!
Professional Development Certificate
Both women and men are invited to earn their Professional Development Certificate from Career Wardrobe by completing these easy steps!
- Attend all four (4) Gateway to Success workshops either as a series or by attending individual workshops. Workshop descriptions are provided below. Our Gateway to Success Series features:
- Time Management and Interview Skills
- Networking and Professional Etiquette
- Employer Expectations, Difficult Conversations, and Technology
- Public Speaking and Financial Literacy
See the calendar listing for dates and times
- One Blitz Basics seminar offered every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- One session with our Career Coach, Jennifer Cho. Appointment can be made for each Thursday between 10am and 1pm.
Our education schedule follows three trimesters:
January through March
April through June
September through November
Blitz Basics maintains a monthly schedule year-round on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Other workshops are considered on hiatus for July, August and December. Please see our Education Schedule for dates and times of all other programs offered. All programs are offered at no cost to program participants.
The Professional Development Certificate is offered throughout the year, culminating in our Certificate Graduation Ceremony. This year’s ceremony is scheduled for Saturday, June 28th.
Blitz Basics Seminars
The Blitz Basics Seminars are workshops presented by volunteers trained and knowledgeable in their industry. Seminars are the 2nd Wednesday of each month, from 9am to noon, free on a first come, first served basis to all clients who register.
Seminar topics may include:
- Resume Do’s and Don’ts – information about what information should be included and examine examples of “good” versus “bad” resumes.
- Cover Letters – find out what should be included (or omitted) from your cover letter.
- Interviewing Skills and Etiquette – discussion about the basic rules regarding interview protocol.
Blitz Basics enhances knowledge and provides information about the workforce world our clients will be entering. An RSVP is required.
Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course
The Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course teaches job readiness while addressing soft skills such as:
- Time Management, Interview Skills – Learn how to effectively prioritize your tasks, get more done, and be less stressed. Also, learn the best techniques for nailing your interview, including questions you must know the answer to.
- Networking and Professional Etiquette – Networking sounds scary but in this workshop you will learn why it is so important, how it can help you get a job, and a really great trick to help you network! We will also cover basic ideas of professional etiquette to make sure we are all putting our best selves forward on interviews and on the job.
- Employer Expectations, Difficult Conversations, and Technology – Find out how to research industry and organization specific expectations and how to meet them. Discover how to best handle difficult conversations at work and how to turn them into positive conversations. We will cover online job search, using e-mail, and social media for job search and networking. Plus, learn how to receive internet at a discounted rate by attending free computer classes in your neighborhood.
- Public Speaking and Financial Literacy – Most people are terrified of public speaking. In this workshop, you will learn how to conquer that fear and some easy tricks to make any speech (including your interview) easy! In the financial literacy workshop we will learn how to handle our money in the best possible way, how to avoid finance charges and other money sucks, and go over basic budgeting techniques. Clarifi will also be here to give a workshop on the psychology of spending and give you a free one-on-one financial planning session!
Workshops will be offered as a week-long series and as individual workshops throughout the trimester. Participants are welcome to participate in either the week-long series or individual workshops as they work toward their Professional Development Certificate.
Career Wardrobe provides clients with an opportunity to receive personalized one-on-one career coaching with an experienced professional on an on-going basis. Our professional works to assess each client’s situation and helps develop a plan on how to achieve their professional goals based on a long-term client/coach relationship.
- Interview skills
- Cover letter
- Career exploration
- Career assessment
- Building self-awareness
- Networking skills
- Identify career goals