A series of informative and interactive professional and personal development seminars designed to empower women to succeed!
Blitz Basics Seminars
The Blitz Basics Seminars are workshops presented by volunteers who are trained and knowledgeable in their industry. Seminars are the 2nd Wednesday of each month, free on a first come, first served basis to all clients who register, and open to both men and women.
Seminar topics may include:
- Resume Do’s and Don’ts – information about what information should be included and examine examples of “good” versus “bad” resumes.
- Cover Letters – find out what should be included (or omitted) from your cover letter.
- Interviewing Skills and Etiquette – discussion about the basic rules regarding interview protocol.
Blitz Basics complements the dressing program Career Wardrobe offers by enhancing knowledge and providing information about the workforce world our clients will be entering.
Blitz Basics Seminars are held every second Wednesday of the month from 9am to noon at Career Wardrobes Dressing Suite, 21 South1 2th Street, Suite 110, Philadelphia.
Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course
The Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course teaches job readiness while addressing soft skills such as:
- Time Management, Interview Skills – addresses prioritizing tasks as well as interview etiquette
- Networking and Professional Etiquette – teaches what networking is, its importance, and how to do it, also covering how to behave and present yourself in professional settings.
- Employer Expectations – covers how to research industry and organization specific expectations and how to meet them.
- Technology – includes online job search, using e-mail and flash drives, and social media.
- Public Speaking and Difficult Conversations – teaches how to speak effectively and confidently.
- Financial Literacy – covers financial responsibility issues and includes a partnership with Clarifi with a workshop in the Psychology of Spending.
Participants may sign-up here. Program participants are encouraged to commit to all 4 classes in the series, following a cohort of students through the completion of the program. Career Wardrobe will follow-up with the potential attendees with details on how to join the workshop series. This session is open to both women and men.
Next session begins March 18, 2014 through March 21, 2014.
Sign up to attend here or download the Gateway to Success form and fax your response
Career Wardrobe provides clients with an opportunity to receive personalized one-on-one career coaching with an experienced professional on an on-going basis. Our professional works to assess each client’s situation and helps develop a plan on how to achieve their professional goals based on a long-term client/coach relationship.
- Interview skills
- Cover letter
- Career exploration
- Career assessment
- Building self-awareness
- Networking skills
- Identify career goals