A series of informative and interactive professional and personal development seminars designed to empower women to succeed!
Blitz Basics Seminars
The Blitz Basics Seminars are workshops presented by volunteers who are trained and knowledgeable in their industry. Seminars are free on a first come, first served basis to all clients who register, and open to both men and women.
Seminar topics may include:
- Resume Do’s and Don’ts – information about what information should be included and examine examples of “good” versus “bad” resumes.
- Cover Letters – find out what should be included (or omitted) from your cover letter.
- Interviewing Skills and Etiquette – discussion about the basic rules regarding interview protocol.
- Introduction to Networking – discussions on the importance of networking in getting and keeping a job.
Blitz Basics complements the dressing program Career Wardrobe offers by enhancing knowledge and providing information about the workforce world our clients will be entering.
Blitz Basics Seminars are held every second Wednesday of the month from 8:30am to noon at PECO, 2400 Market Street, Philadelphia.
Thank you to our Blitz Basics sponsor!
Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course
Our newly expanded Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course consists of a one week, 4 workshop period for classes of 10-15 qualified students. The curriculum teaches job readiness while also addressing the soft skills of attitude, problem solving, communication and personal responsibility.
This curriculum addresses the following topics:
- Time Management, Interview Skills – addresses prioritizing tasks as well as interview etiquette
- Networking and Professional Etiquette – teaches what networking is, its importance, and how to do it, also covering how to behave and present yourself in professional settings.
- Employer Expectations – covers how to research industry and organization specific expectations and how to meet them.
- Technology – includes online job search, using e-mail and flash drives, and social media.
- Public Speaking and Difficult Conversations – teaches how to speak effectively and confidently.
- Financial Literacy – covers financial responsibility issues and includes a partnership with Clarifi with a workshop in the Psychology of Spending.
At the conclusion of the program, clients will go through a mock interview, conducted by volunteers with expertise in human resources, to put their new skills to the test.
Program participants are encouraged to commit to all 4 classes in the series, following a cohort of students through the completion of the program. Participants may sign-up to be selected at our Blitz Basics Seminars. If you are unable to attend Blitz Basics and are interested in only attending the Gateway to Success course, contact Caitlin Day. Career Wardrobe will follow-up with the potential attendees with details on how to join the workshop series. This session is open to both women and men.
Professional Women’s Network
Once a client completes the Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course, she will be invited to join our Professional Women’s Network. This program provides access to ongoing professional development workshops, including opportunities to network with our corporate sponsors and volunteers who can assist her with her job search.