It’s the start of a new year! Time to get re-organized, clear the clutter, and start fresh!
If you’re cleaning out your closet, here are a few questions to ask to see if you should keep those questionable items in your closet.
1. Does it fit? Is it one of those items you keep telling yourself you’ll fit into….and never do? Maybe it’s time to find another fabulous item you can actually wear to take the place of this item that is simply taking up room. What do you think?
2. How many times have you put it on and changed your mind and taken it right off? Are you really wearing it, or is it there out of habit, because it’s an easy color match? If you’re not really wearing it, it may be time to make the space for something you actually DO want to wear that’s maybe getting lost in sentimentality clutter.
3. Have you worn it in the last 6 months? We all have our go-to outfits, I know. Is this part of those, or is it hanging around taking up space for that one day….? Ask yourself ‘if I saw this in a store today, would I buy it?’
4. Is it a “multi-tasker?” Can you only wear it with that one pair of pants, or can you mix and match it up with other items and get more wear out of it?
Don’t condemn these items to a lifetime of darkness in a closet, waiting to be used! You can set them free by donating them to Career Wardrobe where they will go on to help a woman find, or show off her sense of style, in a new job!
Are these designer items and you don’t necessarily want to give them away?
Consider making a consignment appointment at The Wardrobe Boutique! It’s easy! Contact the Wardrobe Boutique at 215-568-2660 or email email@example.com to make your appointment today and set your wardrobe free to do the most good!
Career Wardrobe is excited to launch Make It Work for Men to assist men transitioning to work.
Career Wardrobe is now accepting men’s
- Business shirts
Men’s items are accepted at Career Wardrobe’s 12th Street location and the Main Line/Athertyn at Haverford Reserve monthly drive only. Please refrain from donating these items at other drop off locations. Thank you!
Career Wardrobe continues to accept the following at all locations:
- Matching business suits (skirt or pant)—sizes from 0 to 16+ are in demand!
- Separates: skirts, pants, blazers, blouses, “Casual Friday” outfits
- Gently worn shoes (all sizes, especially 9 and up)
- Accessories (purses, handbags/briefcases, jewelry)
- New/unused pantyhose (all sizes)
- Coats and formal wear
- New/unused beauty products, toiletries and make-up
Uniform items for women entering service or medical fields:
- White tops/blouses
- Black, navy, and tan bottoms
- Polo shirts
- Black or white shoes, clogs, or sneakers
- Steel-toed boots
- Maternity wear—all sizes and styles
- Computer flash drives
- Un-used gift cards to use for clothing and/or office purposes
Click on the following links for more information about donating clothing and accessories to Career Wardrobe:
Hours and locations
In partnership with Our Closet, items not suitable for the workplace will be distributed to adults in need throughout Philadelphia. Learn more at OurClosetpa.org.