Career Wardrobe’s success relies on the generous donations of individuals, foundations, corporations, and organizations from across the Delaware Valley.
- Donate gently used women’s professional clothing
- Support Career Wardrobe with a financial contribution
- View our board and staff lists
Impact of Career Wardrobe in Philadelphia
Since 1995, Career Wardrobe has served women in Philadelphia with the clothing, career skills, and confidence necessary to transition to work. In that time, we have helped nearly 75,000 women on their journeys to independence.
With an annual budget of $800,000, more than 70% of our support comes from private sources including individuals, corporations, and earned income (such as proceeds from The Wardrobe Boutique).
Having the support of Career Wardrobe is a critical element in employment success for low-income women who have limited resources and an ever-decreasing network of supportive services. With our help:
- 49% of women report securing employment within 30 days of their appointment.
- 30% have successfully kept their job for more than 3 months.
- 87% of them are earning above minimum wage.
- 46% are working in positions that are not classified as entry level.
In 2011, 85% of women responding to Career Wardrobe’s follow-up surveys reported that they were no longer receiving cash assistance within 6 months of their appointment because they were working. The impact of this on our economy—to the tune of $1.2 million in savings for taxpayers on public cash assistance benefits alone—cannot be understated.